Finding activities in Seattle for the whole family can be a daunting task. Here is a quick and easy list of Seattle neighborhoods paired with fun (and nearby!) family activities the whole crew will enjoy:
North Seattle (Ballard/Northgate/Greenwood):
- The Woodland Park Zoo – Take advantage of the reasonably priced tickets or membership options, a variety of different exhibits and play spaces that accommodate all ages.
- University Village – Paint pottery together, shop, eat and enjoy the covered play space. U-Village will keep the family occupied all day.
- Ballard Pool – Discover the spa, warm water area, slide and rope swing. Don’t forget your towels!
West Seattle (Alki/Delridge/Arbor Heights):
- The Junction – Enjoy some of Seattle’s best shopping. Shops range from art, toys and clothing to electronics.
- Alki Beach – Stroll along the waterfront and enjoy the sweeping city views, play in the sand and grab a bite to eat.
- ArtWest Gallery and Playhouse – View contemporary exhibits from local artists and check out the mainstage productions.
Downtown Seattle (Belltown/Madrona/Central):
- Guided Tours – Shop, eat and explore. A guided tour is a great way to uncover new family favorites around town!
- The Seattle Aquarium – From touching starfish to seeing newly discovered sea-life, the Aquarium is a great place to learn and play.
- Pike Place Market – Take a walk around the Market for free. There are always new tastes, sounds and sights to discover.
South Seattle (Columbia City/Rainier Valley/Seward Park):
- Bullwinkle’s Family Fun Center – Climbing structures, laser tag, mini golf, video games and futuristic rides. This place can keep the family busy all day long.
- Shadow Lake Nature Preserve – Learn about environmental preservation, check out the 5,000-year-old peat bog, an amphibian pond and much more!
- Jefferson Park – Fly kites, picnic or bring your own lawn games. In addition to the wonderful open fields, this park also features walking trails, playgrounds, zip lines and golf.